Changes to Forest Lake Shopping Centre in accordance with Queensland Government mandates – 8 October 2021
In response to the evolving COVID situation, the Queensland Government has confirmed that it continues to be mandatory to wear a mask in all indoor settings (unless seated), or where social distancing isn’t possible.
This means that anyone visiting Forest Lake Shopping Centre will be required to wear a mask when they are not seated, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12
- Practical reasons e.g., eating or drinking
- Any other circumstances where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit Forest Lake Shopping Centre.
Keeping you safe at Forest Lake Shopping Centre
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Forest Lake Shopping Centre. These include:
- Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
- Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances for our entire community to access.
- Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
How you can help
While visiting Forest Lake Shopping Centre, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Adhere to the capacity guidelines – currently in QLD the one in two square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
- Plan your visit – due to restricted numbers in our restaurants and beauty salons please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
- Acting with kindness – we ask for your support in ensuring Forest Lake Shopping Centre continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
- Using the QLD Check In App – We encourage you to check in at Forest Lake Shopping Centre, as well as any retailers you visit, next time you are at the Centre by using the Check In QLD app to scan the QR codes available to you.
We ask for your support in ensuring Forest Lake Shopping Centre continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit QLD Health’s website at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Forest Lake Shopping Centre.